5 Places to Cut your Own Christmas Tree in Northern Virginia
O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree, much pleasure thou can’st give me! The family Christmas tree- it’s a strong symbol of the most wonderful time of the year. Want a fun family outing- pack up the kids and head out to one of our top Christmas tree farms to cut your own! Find out 5 places in Northern Virginia where you can cut your Christmas tree. Please note that hours and availability are subject to change. Therefore, we strongly recommend to contact the farm previously. In addition, please stay safe!
- Snickers Gap Tree Farm: For more than 40 years, the family-owned the Loudoun Valley farm is among the places of Christmas tree cut in Northern Virginia. In order to have our tree cut down, they encourage vehicles or pickup trucks into which the tightly-wrapped trees can be placed and do sell quick tie cam straps and provide complimentary twine, but staff appreciates customers bringing their own straps to secure trees. Address: 34350 Williams Gap Road, Round Hill.
- Evergreen Acres: It’s the largest in Prince William county. Here, trees are priced by the tree for any size including short ones. They have everything that you need to cut down a tree and take one home with you, and a wagon shuttle will transport your tree from the field to the sales shed. Afterwards, stop by nearby Cedar Run Brewing to grab some craft beer to go. Address: 2801 Hazelwood Dr, Nokesville, VA.
- Country Loving Farm: Located in Leesburg, this farm is strong in business since 1999. when the owners started the tree field by planting 1,000 seedlings, continuing to plant 1,000 more trees every March. Trees are priced by the foot. They also sell fresh and pre-lit wreaths and garland. Address: 40856 Red Hill Road, Leesburg, VA.
- Moose Apple Christmas Tree Farm: This Berryville farm has seven varieties and 25,000 trees on its 33-acre farm. Cut-your-own options in the field stop. Cut-your-own options in the field stop Dec. 3 except for those who already have pre-tagged trees, which are $50 for white pines, $90 for spruces and firs besides Fraser firs and $90 for Arizona cypress. They also make wreaths and swags of various sizes daily on the farm. Address: 2425 Wickliffe Road, Berryville, VA.
- Loudoun Nursery: This nursery has been growing Christmas trees since the early 1970s, first on a 45-acre farm near Watson, later adding on an additional 18 acres on a farm near Hamtil and finally 40 more acres at Bellwether Farm near Purcellville. Prices are around $75 up to 10 feet and $100 for larger trees. Address: 16463 Short Hill Road, Purcellville, VA.
Credits do Northern Virginia magazine