5 Picnic Spots in Metro DC area
Picnics are one of the most exciting activities during the warmer seasons. It’s the time when you can enjoy friends and family in a nice green space. Our area has so many perfect spots fo you to unroll your blanket and lay out your feast! Here are our top 5 Picnic Spots in the Metro DC area.
- Hillwood Estate Museum and Garden. Address: 4155 Linnean Ave NW, Washington, DC 20008. 25 acres of fabulous gardens and woodlands just inside DC, including a Japanese-style garden, a rose garden and a French parterre. After a cultural visit to the museum that offers a large variety of artistic pieces, you will have plenty of green spaces to enjoy. Enjoy nature and culture at the very same time. You can either bring your own food and beverages or purchase at the Hillwood Cafe. Plan your visit.
- Wheaton Regional Park. Address: 2000 Shorefield Rd, Wheaton, MD 20902. Located in Maryland Montgomery County, this park has all the essentials for a lovely day with friends and family. It’s 536 acres of green easily accessed from the nation’s capital. In addition, the park has many attractions including the Adventure Playground, the 1863 C.P. Huntington engine train and the Brookside Nature Center . Picnics tables and grills are also available. Plan your visit.
- Meadowlark Botanical Gardens. Address: 9750 Meadowlark Gardens Ct, Vienna, VA 22182. Located in Northern Virginia, offering more than 100 acres of lush greenery. Vast varieties of Virginia native plant collections. Enjoy local flora and fauna among lakes, forests and pleasant walking trails. In addition, a designated picnic area equipped with tables is located just by the entrance. Plan your visit.
- Chrysalis Vineyards. Address: 39025 John Mosby Highway. Middleburg, VA 20117. This Loudoun County vineyard sits on 40 acres featuring picnic areas with tables facing gorgeous green mountains; making a perfect scenario for an unforgettable picnic. Enjoy local wine by the glass or bottle, fresh baguettes, and assorted cheese and charcuterie; all of them are available for purchase. Plan your visit.
- Meridian Hill Park. Address: 16th St NW &, W St NW, Washington, DC 20009. This 12 acres park is the most urbanized option among all picnic spots in metro DC being located between Adams Morgan and Columbia Heights. On the other hand, it’s probably the most romantic option. Moreover, this park offers a good structure for picnics. Staircases lead down along a spectacular, cascading fountain—the largest in North America. Benches at the bottom overlook the fountain and a reflecting pool, an ideal location for a romantic picnic set to the pleasant sound of a waterfall. Plan your visit.
Credits to washingtonian.com