Celebrate Responsibly this New Years Eve
Above all else, celebrate responsibily. However, if the punch proves too much for you to handle, be man ebough to admit it, and call a cab. SoberRide Taxi Service in DC offers free rides the December- January holiday season, St. Patricks Day, 4th of July, and Halloween. Callers can get a free ride home (up to $30) by calling SoberRide at 1-800-200-TAXI (8294). There are certain guidelines to follow.
- You must be 21 or older to use the SoberRide service.
- You can’t reserve a taxi for a future time. You have to call when you need a ride and should allow for 30-60 minutes for it to arrive.
- If you call from a cell phone, it must have a Maryland, Virginia or Washington DC area code.
- All calls must originate in one of the following jurisdictions:
- Washington, DC: Anywhere in the city.
- Maryland: Montgomery and Prince George’s counties.
- Virginia: Arlington, Fairfax, Prince William and eastern Loudoun counties.
Founded in 1982, the Washington Regional Alcohol Program is a public-private partnership working to prevent drunk driving and underage drinking in the Washington-metropolitan area. Through public education, innovative health education programs and advocacy, WRAP is credited with keeping the metro-Washington area’s alcohol-related traffic deaths consistently lower than the national average. Since 1993, WRAP’s SoberRide program has provided more than 50,000 free cab rides home to would-be drunk drivers in the Greater Washington area.