Apple Picking Hotspots in Metro DC
Spotting that perfect apple on a tree is one of the best fall activities, right? We are very fortunate to have many apple picking hotspots around Metro DC. See our list below and have some yummy fun!
- Great Country Farms: Every weekend of September this 400 acre family run operation hosts an Apple Gala and Fresh Cider Festival. Besides the yummy experience, is also a cultural one. You can enjoy live music live music, marshmallow roasting, cider-pressing demos and, of course, apple picking. Due to COVID, changes or even cancellation of festivals can be applied. If you want to get away from feIf you prefer to visit the Farm during the week just for apple picking, it’s also possible. Address: 18780 Foggy Bottom Rd., Bluemont, VA.
- Butler’s Orchard: A great apple picking option located just 31 miles from downtown DC, in Germantown, Maryland. Besides picking apples, you can enjoy the local farmer’s market with already picked fruits and vegetables, plus apple cider doughnuts, fresh baked breads, pies and more fruity treats. Address: 22222 Davis Mill Rd., Germantown, MD.
- Crooked Run Orchard: In this small Loudoun County farm you can pick not only apples, but pumpkins as well. Therefore, this is a great place to visit during the Halloween season. Moreover, there is no admission fee! Address: 37883 E Main St, Purcellville, VA.
- Milburn Orchards: If you struggle with apple picking highs, this is the best apple picking option around metro DC. Since this experience will be much easier for your arms and nerves. The Elkton, Maryland, farm has dwarf trees, meaning there’s no need for ladders since the fruit is reachable from the ground. Address: 1495 Appleton Rd., Elkton, MD.
- Rock Hill Orchard: This Maryland farm offers not only apple picking. Here, after you have fun getting your juicy and crispy apples, why not get a delicious ice cream scoop freshly made with local fruits? Delight yourself at the local Woodbourne Creamery. Address: 28600 Ridge Rd., Mt. Airy, Maryland.
Credits to Wtop.